Did you know that a big part of your TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification is a great opportunity to have fun while working as an English Teacher?
Well, it is.
Not only do you get to teach English to students from a different culture and be compensated for doing so. However, you also get to explore the new city you are living in. The country when you have a little more time. The best parts are during vacations, you can travel to nearby countries in the region.
Let’s have a look at some TEFL options and where you can teach EFL and places you can add to your travel bucket list.
TEFL Certificaton Teaching Options
There are essentially 5 different TEFL options if you want to travel as well:
- If you are teaching EFL in your home country, you can save money and travel when you are on vacation.
- You can teach in a brick and mortar school in a foreign country (see options below). Explore your new city during teaching breaks and on weekends. See different cities/regions on long weekends or during festival periods. Then travel to other countries when you have more time off.
- With your TEFL certification, you can TEFL online, from anywhere your heart desires. Save money and travel when you want to take a break or as time permits.
- You can also sign up for a paid TEL internship (from 5 to 12 months); some packages include a TEFL qualification with your TEFL certification, a teaching EFL internship at a school, compensation, and opportunity to travel.
- There are also volunteer TEFL internships available for between 2 to 5 months. Included may be a TEFL qualification, a volunteer teaching position, and travel opportunities.
TEFL Certification – Where to TEFL and Travel Options
Apart from finding a TEFL job in any native-English speaking country, you can get an EFL teaching position in any other non-native region:
With a TEFL
What to see: Lake Nakuru National Park and the Masai Mara (Kenya). Djemaa el Fna in Marrakech and Sahara Dunes (Morocco). Bazaruto Archipelago (Mozambique). Sossusvlei Dunes (Namibia). Table Mountain in Cape Town (South Africa). Ngorongoro Reserve and Mount Kilimanjaro (Tanzania) and Victoria Falls (Zambia and Zimbabwe).
Here you can TEFL from Cambodia, China, Japan, and South Korea to Taiwan, and Vietnam.
What to see: Angkor Wat (Cambodia). Great Wall of China (China). Victoria Peak (Hong Kong). Mount Fuji, Osaka Castle and the Cherry Blossoms (Japan). Taroko National Gorge (Taiwan). Phi Phi Islands (Thailand) and Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary (Indonesia).
Central and South America
Providing your TEFL certification and you can teach EFL here in basically any country, from Argentina, Brazil, and Costa Rica to Nicaragua, Panama, and Venezuela.
What to see: Iguaçu Falls (Argentina). Great Blue Hole (Belize). Salar de Uyuni (Bolivia). Rio de Janeiro (Brazil). Torres del Paine National Park and Atacama Desert (Chile). Tikal (Guatemala). Panama Canal (Panama) and Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu (Peru). Angel Falls (Venezuela).
Your TEFL certification allow you from teaching EFL in Eastern Europe (Czech Republic, Georgia, Poland, Russia, Turkey), Western Europe (France, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Spain), and Scandinavia (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden), there are plenty of opportunities to choose from.
What to see:
Countries to TEFL in, in the Middle East comprise Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and more.
What to see: Giza Necropolis and Great Sphinx of Giza (Egypt). The Dead Sea (Israel. West Bank, and Jordan). Petra and Wadi Rum (Jordan). and Burj Khalifa and Palm Jumeirah in Dubai (UAE).
As you can see, in this What Is TEFL certification article, there are TEFL opportunities in many, many countries. Furthermore, whether you are a nature-lover, shopaholic, or adorer of stunning man-made structures, there